۱۵ دی ۱۳۸۹

The future me

I met myself 50 years in the future today and had lunch with her. It was both interesting and scary.

She was talkative and constantly complaining about little things, She likes to gather people and doesn't like to be alone. She is throwing me a party this weekend. She loves soccer and hates TV commercials.

She was married, in a long distance relationship for 30 years, no children, works full time at 80, and her husband died two years ago. Now she doesn't have much to do anymore except for work. She told me she doesn't have any more ambitions that are not fulfilled. She told me staying at home and being lonely depresses her.

But it was clear that she did not regret not having any children. It was a choice that she made and was happy about it. She said she likes children, but could never commit to having one with her lifestyle and I completely understood her.

I have such mixed feelings about my life choices now. I love my job, love my life, but hate the long distance relationship. It makes me wonder if it is worth it. Pretty much in the same way, everytime I am happy and excited I wonder if it was worth leaving my family and achieving this. I really wish I could share this with my mom and Zizili and noonche joonam but that doesn't seem to happen at least anytime soon. And even if they where here, what about Uncles and Aunts and Grandpa?

۹ نظر:

زیزیلک گفت...

به نظر من هم خیلی شبیه تو بوده.
این تیکه "She was talkative and constantly complaining about little things" رو خیلی دوست داشتم.

می دونی من هم این روزها که قضیه مهاجرتم جدی تر شده خیلی به این چیرها فکر می کنم. به نظر من در مورد من کفه موندن نزدیک خونواده سنگین تره ولی در مورد تو من فکر می کنم کار درستی کردی و ارزشش رو داشت. فکرش رو بکن یه زیزیلک افسرده درب و داغون به چه درد ما می خورد.
البته به شرطی که قول بدی کم کم یاد بگیری بین زندگیت و کارت تعادل برقرار کنی.

زیزیلی گفت...

ببخشید اشتباه نوشتم زیزلک :(

zizilak گفت...

are man 2 sale akhari ke iran boodm kheyli afsorde boodam va dige nemikeshidam

yani to nemikhay biai? yani man sare karam? bayad be in fekr koni ke 20 sale dige az zendegit razi hasti ya na. kheyli sakhte in tasmim, vali man fekr mikonam to ham agar biai inja halet kheyli behtar mishe.

zizilak گفت...

are vaghti dasht raje be vaze siasi va vaze daneshkade ke kasi ba kasi harf nemizane harf mizad, man koli hes kardam mesle khodame :D

bayad bishtar bahash dost besham mesle maman bozorga mimond. hala shanbe mehmoni gerefte miram pishesh
bebinam chetor mishe

taze shoharesham ye physicdan bood :D

زیزیلی گفت...

کجایی بود؟ چند سال بود مهاجرت کرده بود؟ اصلا کی هست؟

zizilak گفت...

ye ostade to daneshkadamoon. asliatesh berzilie. vali bayad ye 40 sali bashe ke amricast. to sene nazdikaye 80 sal hanoz tamam vaght kar mikone

نونوچه گفت...

آره شباهت زیادی به تو داشت . ولی به خدا قسم اگه دوتایی منو از خاله شدن محروم کنین از خواهری خلعتون می کنم .
زیزیلک خانوم بخاطر اینکه زیزیلی بیاد پیشت تشویقش نکن که من و مامانمو تنها بذاره،خودت که رفتی برای همه مون بسه :(

زیزیلی گفت...

آخیه.
اینقدر غصه نخور بابا. بذار ببینیم چی پیش میاد.

zizilak گفت...

khob to ham bia mamanamo ham miarim dige.