۲۵ بهمن ۱۳۸۹

Do you know my friend

We used to hang out during my last year of highschool. She was really smart and she was 3 years younger than everyone else in the class. When she made it to university she was only 15 years old. She was the main reason that I made it through the university entrance exam. She encouraged me to study, she gave me really useful tips and made me go through sample tests.

We spent a lot of time during the 12th grade. We even coauthored a paper for the student physics conference, and Ironically we got thrown out of the competition because every one thought we must have cheated, because the problem we had solved just seemed way above the level you can do in high school.

When we got to university, she came with me to register at Sharif, she was hoping with the help of her father, who was a university prof in civic engineering in Tehran university, she too can transfer to Sharif. She had done 98% in math, was a bit short on other courses and she had made it to the electrical engineering program in Beheshti. Her father finally convinced her that she should go to Tehran university instead.

I saw her a few time after that. She even came to my office at Sharif when I had just started my master's program. She gave me her phone number, but stupid me lost it. She had just gotten married back then and had started working in a startup company with her husband.

I miss her very much, I tried finding her by contacting her parents, but they wouldn't give me her contact and so I just lost track of her. I google her once in a while, I miss her and want to know where she is and what she is doing, but I haven't been able to find her.

Do you know my friend? Do you know where she is? If you do, tell her that I miss her, that I was tamed by her* and now whenever I think of waves, standing waves in particular I remember her and miss her. The other day I was teaching in the class and I was talking about standing waves, when I remembered how much I need to find her. I can't imagine where I would have been today if I had never known her. Tell her to call me if you know my friend.

*: Refer to "The little prince".

۴ نظر:

زیزیلی گفت...

کاش می تونستم کمکت کنم.
راستش بهش که فکر می کنم یه ذره نگرانش می شم. شاید اگه یه پدر و مادر دیگه ای داشت الان نگرانیم کمتر بود.البته این حس من شاید به خاطر اینه که حس خوبی نسبت به مامانش که معلم فیزیک من بود ندارم.
تنها راهی که به نظرم می رسه اینه که برم مدرسه خودمون و سراغ مامانش رو بگیرم. شاید این کار رو کردم. فقط به خاطر تو.

zizilak گفت...

rastesh manam hamintor. 1000 bar fekr kardam be babash email bezanam, vali mitarsam! sibak ham baham movafeghe! man motmaen nistam mamanesh ina komakemon konan. akharin bar ke zang zadam khonashon baradaresh goft ke dige tamas nagiram onja

نونوچه گفت...

عجیبه . منم این روزا خیلی دلم برای بزرگترین دوست زندگیم ( دوست غولم ) تنگ شده بود . تو فیس بوک دنبالش گشتم نبود . اسم خواهرش بود . یا حداقل یه خانوم هم اسمش بود . براش یه پیفام نوشتم و مشخصات دوستم رو دادم تا اگه خواهرشه خبری ازش بهم بده اما جوابی دریافت نکردم . بعضی وقتا خبر گرفتن از حال کسایی که آدم چندین سال هر روز باهاشون در ارتباط بوده چقدر سخت می شه .

زیزیلی گفت...

بیشتر خاطرات شیرین اون دوران از زندگیمون پیوند محکمی خورد با دوستهای خوبی که داشتیم.
یادش بخیر اولین بار که دوستت اومد خونمون واسه باباش تولد گرفتیم و تو حیاط خونه واسمون کردی رقصید. چقدر روز خوبی بود.